Friday, October 22, 2004

Resume Templates

So I am writing up a resume for a grant our department is applying for. It's weird that I have to write a resume, because with tenure you would think that wouldn't come up again. But, I get it.

Usually in academia, we write a curriculum vitae which is a fancy way of saying "the more pages I fill up, the more I rule the world from my Ivory Tower!"

But, this process needs an actual resume, the short kind, like the kind normal people would want to read. Five years ago, if you started typing a resume, you were accosted by a paperclip that said something like "Dude, looks like you're-a writin' a resume" and then starts helping out. Where did that little imbecile go? I needed him!

So, I went to Microsoft's Office Templates to search for a template that fit. The one that suited me best was for Butcher/Meat Retail.

Somehow, that seems fitting.

No, not really. But I don't have the kind of career that moves around. In higher education instructional positions, moving around too much is actually a negative. That is something that administrators and faculty who cannot cope does.

My resume has to describe all of the innovative stuffs that I have done here, which looks fairly decent when you put it all together.

--gh

No comments: