Saturday, November 20, 2004

The King and I

Last night I met 'The King,' he reached out and put his hand on my shoulder. He looked me straight in the eye and said:
"I'ma tell you just this once, 

you gotta believe in yourself.
Don't get too down on anything.
Don't look at any situation as
a glass that is half full, or
half empty -- 'cause you don't
know what's in the glass. If
it is a jar of urine, then you
really don't want it to be too full..."

He went on like this for about an hour. A lot of it dealt with quaint, witty statements about 'his momma' and how cool it was now that 2Pac was with him in Heaven. We shook hands and then he left.

Later, I realized this apperceptive journey was just the result of eating too close to bed-time. Still, if I need to see Elvis again, I know that he is just a few pickles away.

--gh

No comments: