Monday, November 22, 2004

I don't like Blue Collar TV

I am currently planning a schedule for next fall. It is interesting to work on something over a year away. Some of our conversations actually have years like 2007 or 2008 in them. Trying to comprehend a date in the future like that is like trying to understand, well, something hard and stuff. We'll probably be in rocket cars then...



Extra credit:
What is the inspiration for the artwork above?
Hint: The title is "Want to buy a monkey?"

--gh

2 comments:

m said...

Oh man. It has to be the part in Cabin Boy where Letterman is trying to sell the monkey..

Awesome. I loved that movie. Chris Elliot is in my top 10 favorite actors of all time.

-m

BlackLineFish said...

Yeah, my wife guessed that it was Robert Redford holding a sock-monkey. Arguably, this would have made "The Paper Chase" a better movie if it incorporated a sock monkey. (That's the era of Redford that this looks like.)

If I set out to paint Redford and Socks, then I could be considered an artist. But, since I set out to draw David Letterman, and ended up with the Sundance Kid, that just makes me comical.

I did try to add a gap between the teeth, but I swear -- it is the only thing you see, my eyes were drawn to it like a bulls-eye or something. So, I left it as it is.
--gh