Tuesday, November 16, 2004

How is it to be like you?

I have been extraordinarily happy lately. I mean elated, ecstatic, group-home-resident happy. I've been walking around with a big dopey grin on for about two months now. Everything is going right, ...I would say "according to plan," but I don't really have a plan.

After dropping the kids off for school, I usually take the dog out to the country. (She's wearing a sweater now.) I sit on the tailgate of my pickup thinking I could spend the whole day watching her, and then I realize I have to go be with the people. On the way to work I find myself thinking "what an absolutely wonderful day," even when it was raining a few weeks back. (Well, I do like rain.)

The funny thing is that each week is getting even better. Even more obnoxiously happy. I even like everything on the radio. While driving to Jeff City, I listened to Merle Haggard, Jean Sebelius, Bill Monroe and the Bluegrass Boys, Chingy, D12, and Seether. The band standard "Pennsylvania 6-5000" came up on the radio and I almost blew a lung singing that out (as well as "Mood Indigo," "Summertime," and "Blue Moon of Kentucky"). I even considered listening to sports talk-radio, but I don't want to push my happy luck.

--gh

No comments: