Sunday, November 21, 2004

Jason's Tree

This little work of art is dedicated to Jason F., former student and Geo-Tech Warrior. Thanks to M's suggestion, it is at a normal resolution for wallpaperin' and stuff, (well, if you click on it, that is).

Jason's Tree

This tree is in NE Missouri, along HWY 136. If I had to guess, I would say this was in Downing, Missouri. Jason was aghast when he saw the trimming job they did to this tree. Then, about two months later, we were driving by it again and the tree made its first dopey attempt at recovery with a single thin branch. I think I took a picture to capture the moment, or to share with him later. Someday I should share a picture of a gum-smear in the stairwell of the Holiday Inn-Express in Keokuk, Iowa. We named it Sebastian, and it is almost worthy of a road-trip to visit "him." Almost...

--gh

1 comment:

m said...

Beautiful.

I grew up with a town-full of trees that looked like that. If you'll remember, I grew up in the town (Grand Island, NE) where the actual "Night of the Twisters" took place. Apparently, chopping trees off like that is the thing to do after tornadoes. Eventually, they start to look a little better, but not much.

-m