Sunday, July 11, 2004

Indiana

I have been most satisfied with using pictures of buildings as my desktop wallpaper. For instance, here are some shots of Indianapolis, Indiana that almost fill the need. (Not big enough, though.)

For some huge building pictures, check out the Sky Scraper City forums. Gotta search around, but right now I have this great shot of South Bend, Indiana:
Click here for an awesome 960x720 image of South Bend!


Perhaps my fixation on buildings lies in my non-suburban surroundings. Sure I live in a "city" (and Maryville's city lots are 66x132ft.) But, if I want nature I can go stand in my garden (nearly the size of one of those city lots... 70x80ft.)

But you may be more puzzled by my geo-lust for Indiana. I am not even sure if I can understand it. It is, in my opinion, the most perfect state/place on the surface of this planet. I have not been to Bolivia, or Elko, NV, but I am pretty sure that Indiana ranks right up there. Why? I have no clue. But I have never had an unpleasant experience in Indiana. It has always been beautiful staying or passing through this state. I like the landscape, the weather, the architecture, and the people. I will probably never get to live there.

I know a couple of people from there and they do not share my impression. They say it is much like Missouri.

--gh

No comments: