Saturday, June 12, 2004

New Format

I thought I would take advantage of the blogger re-launch and incorporate comments powered by blogspot. Then I changed my template, then an hour drifted past. I almost forgot to re-incorporate the Nedstat Counter. (Still trying to beat 38 page downloads, December 8, 2003!)

I think I am okay with it. But for some reason, the imposed banner stands out more. Why is that? Maybe because it has some weird words in it, as I write this it says: "Related Searches: Bozo, Bozo the Clown." It may be different when you (6 people) read this.

Of course, you can pay $15 a year to google and remove that banner. That is hardly tempting. However, if it were only $5, I would think 10x more people would go for it. Reminds me of shareware. I don't mind paying for someone else's work, but a lot of shareware authors think they can get $20 or more for their neat utility. I either pay for it, or don't use it. Which is why I am also a fan of completely free software or games. A decent freeware site is No Nags which offers a huge collection of freeware software (not even shareware, and no nag-ware). Of course, many of the links get outdated, but if you join the premium club ($$$), then you have no more broken links. Right. Also, to search for free games, search for "Abandoned Games." Plenty of crap-ish abandoned software out there...

So, I can stick with the banner, even a bozo banner. Maybe if I change the background color to make it blend in...

--gh

2 comments:

BlackLineFish said...

Yes, that does mean that ALL previous comments are lost to the ether...

BlackLineFish said...

Maybe that looks better, the banner's HEX code was #003062... blends in much better. Thanks to GIMP, a GNU image utility... Yeah, I like GNU stuff, too.
--gh