Monday, June 07, 2004

KBBX

Okay, over Spring Break I was trying to track down a loose connection in my truck, so I disconnected the battery to see if the terminals were dirty. After I got it all together, I realized that I lost all the preset buttons on the stereo. I pushed search and landed on KBBX, a rather weak channel from this distance, actually. Over the last few months, I rarely changed it listening to my newly assigned music. (I was too lazy to reprogram it, actually.) I thought, I really can listen to ANYTHING --sort of like Mark and his non-aversion to food... I really do listen to everything. (I must say that I listen to death metal and contemporary (white) christian music the least.)

So, how long can I listen to grupera and banda music? Actually, I am hooked. The last CD purchase were a tejano band named Intocable (untouchable, for any american unfortunate enough NOT to know spanish in the 21st century.) The CD purchase before that was a Mexican version of "Now, that's what I call...", featuring cumbia, norteño, banda, and grupera music. If you don't know the difference, listen to a spanish-language music station for 2-3 months, it will sink in.
--gh

No comments: