Thursday, June 03, 2004

Duck Feet

Okay, I am the first to admit that I have somewhat wimp-ish food issues. I like to cut the fat from my steak, even filet. The egg has to be cooked just right (not burnt, no runny white parts). I have an infantile gag reflex. However, I am still a man, aren't I?!!!



No, I am not. I was curious about the unusual cuisine on my colleague's desk. I stared at it for several seconds and could not even guess what it was. My Taiwanese friend was about to eat duck's feet. He was very encouraging about them being absolutely delicious, and I wanted to say that I ate duck feet. He tore off the smallest part and handed it to me.

It was room temperature, which did not help. Just one feeling of that fatty skin on the back of my throat told me that I ought not be messing around with this delicacy. I told him that it did not suit me, but I saved the rest for Terra. I left the office, walked across the hall and entered a classroom. Moments later I was regurgitating repeatedly into a trashcan. I am so ashamed. I should know better, I cannot even eat the skin off of a KFC breast.

BTW, it took forever to find an image of this item. The above picture does NOT do it the proper weird justice that it deserves. In fact, that picture, found from the Google Image Search is a broken link and only found in cache. I defy you to find a better image of this tasty treat, leave it in the comments below...
--gh

No comments: