Wednesday, June 16, 2004

FOX Special Report: When Friends go bad...

Okay, last week I was searching for an old college friend online, and came across this extremely weird newsgroup entry. It seems that he has decided to engage in some kind of intramarital situation. I am totally perplexed. I mean, he liked Star Trek and stuff, but I didn't know he was that far off the deep end.

I also found him in a cached google search which means the real link died, and is slowly working its way out of the internet. He is claiming to be a part cat/part skunk:

This has something to do with being "furry" and from the limited exposure that I sought, it too is of a perverted sexual nature. Other posts involved having parties going with other furry people, which I can't even guess if they show up dressed up, or if it is some kind of Dungeons and Dragons thing. I am certain that I feel fine about not knowing what this is all about.

He is still playing guitar, which was one thing we had in common in college. (I would never had made his acquaintence, though, if we did not live in the same dorm.) He has a band called Chaotica, but please don't download the mp3s, they suck. Sorry Keith. Not saying I can do any better, but "you can't polish a turd, Beavis." Oh, and it appears that Chaotica/Chaotika is a very popular band name, from goth-to-metal-to-sucks, the latter being a very popular part of the spectrum.

Which leads me to another friend, this one from graduate school. Another colleage wrote to me in the last few weeks that one of my best friends in grad school got another woman pregnant (already had a daughter of his own), moved out from his own wife and child, and re-married, or was about to remarry (not sure) when he choked on a piece of ham and died. I am not kidding, and this image has haunted me for two weeks. Out of respect, I don't even want to post his name, he was such a good friend in Idaho.

--gh

No comments: