Tuesday, July 12, 2005

My new hero

Okay, I really need to share this with you. Today I came across a website featuring a one-man band named McRorie (One Man Live). You have to check out his video featured on that web page. Get past the horrible vocals (even Weird Al has him beat), and the kilt. I am not sure if you can get past the mullet, but deal with it.

The dude straps drum pads to his chest, has sensors in his shoes, and two synthesizers for each hand. He claims that he is not using any sequencers. If you don't know what that means, then it might not impress you, but basically it means he creates the music in real time.

For a horrible show of his vocals, click on "Original Songs."
You have to be impressed that these originals are not dubbed or recorded in different takes for each layer. They are all performances.

If this guy was at my state fair, I'd go.

--gh

No comments: