Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Maryville West Side Story

My daughter just got back from church camp. Apparently, the most exciting thing was that their camp counselor taught them some Gang Signs during a devotional. Oh yeah, their gang^H^H^H^H, er... camp counselor happened to be Syriously... to complain call 867-5309. Oh yeah, I got her number.

I hope you clicked on the Gang Signs link because I am going to discuss that now. First, let's jsut get this out in the open: the hands are all white. I think this web page should be re-titled "How to get shot." Scroll down and find "Bounty Hunters." What's up with that?

I am a big fan of the one-handed gang signs. The two-handed variety should be decomissioned. As I mentioned before, my adopted Gang is the Hoover Crips.

Email me if you want to know why...


--gh

2 comments:

girl said...

Okay, first a disclaimer--The gang sign instruction was NOT during devotions. It was a random moment when I posed for a picture, and flashed some signs, and they were curious. We did poke fun of it in our skit though, which did "take place" during devotions. Did she have fun?

girl said...

Forgot some stuff--I learned gang signs in middle/high school, so some of those are familiar - the compton crips, crips, mafia...I do find it strange that all the hands are white. Good way to hurt yourself. I like how they had to explain the "number one" sign. Gee, that's tough.