Thursday, February 23, 2006

Switchable Speakers

I am building a speaker cabinet to accompany the amplifier that I am trying to put together. They will be matching designs, and make a tiny, tiny 1/2 stack. I guess here is my design and approximate size.



The 2x10 speaker cabinet is going to be cute! I already have the speakers downstairs and they are heavier than I thought they would be. They are Eminence brand, but should do fine.

I wanted to be able to switch the output around because I will use two different speakers. So, I wanted the most elegant way to switch Speaker A only, Speaker B only, and both speakers in series and parallel. I drew this in Illustrator to see if a 4-position switch will work. I ordered a CW Industry 1138s 2pole-4position switch, (from Mouser.com), so I hope this does work. (Uh, let me know if you see a problem.)



Our department secured copies of Photoshop to accompany Illustrator, but I haven't done anything "cool" with it yet to share with you here. The amplifier design has multiple outputs with 4-8-16 ohm impedences, so I wanted to mess around with that a little.

--gh

No comments: