Friday, January 27, 2006

Guitarded III

I did spend about 40 minutes in the nicer guitar store before leaving Jefferson City yesterday. The same fellow helped me out. I think I will be getting a new guitar -- within the next 2-3 years, maybe. I think the salesman would prefer that I just buy something now.

Well, I drove 100 miles to drop off my guitar and have it refretted. M will probably be sore with me because I got the feeling I was practically in his backyard or something.



I played a few more guitars yesterday that I should probably comment on. I played an ES-137 Classic. Definitely not my guitar. I can get used to the neck (a little thicker than mine). But it did not sound that different from a Les Paul. Pretty strange given its outrageously hollowbody look. The pickups did not impress me.

ES-137 Classic

I also played an ES-335. This sounded nice (again, a fat neck), and the '57 Classic pickups might have played into that. If I get a new Gibson, it will have those pickups in it. (So, I need to try the ES-137 Custom, I guess).

ES-137 Custom

I really want to try a CS-356 (hard tail, of course).

CS-336
CS-356

I also need to go back and edit these posts adding a few pictures. I know that not everyone reads up on specific guitar models.

Finally, I played a few Fender Stratocasters. I will have to find the perfect one for me to consider getting one of those. I think I'd like a hard tail, (not really a strat decision), but I do like the out-of-phase sound of the 1st and 2nd pickups together. In fact, I love that sound.

Strat

--gh

3 comments:

m said...

i think i want to build a guitar.

i think dimensional lumber and scrap paneling would make an instrument worthy of my talents.

-m

m said...

where were you? lawrence or something?

m said...

how the heck did you do that (recycle the sockmonkey icon for a shortcuttable address addendum)?!?!