Thursday, January 12, 2006

Faeries!

My wife woke up today and told me that she dreamed about faeries. In this dream, I was seeing them everywhere. I have always been afraid of faeries -- they are the heathen dead. She also dreamed that houses were blowing up all over town.

I saw a strange thing last night. I was in the dining room and was trying to adjust the action on my Les Paul and was frustrated that only a refret job will actualy fix my problems. Just then the entire house shook. It sounded like someone dropped a piano upstairs. I happened to look out the back window and saw a huge fireball 2,000 feet away. It must have been over 100 feet high and filled the night sky with light. I said to my wife "oh, you're going to have to see this."

Everyone will be talking about this because the entire town could feel that house exploding. Also, as we took our evening walk, we could confirm what our daughter had told us. She said that the parents of several friends jumped into their cars and drove to the scene. From the park, we could see that hundreds of cars were driving around that area over a period of one hour.

Back to faeries, I think I will listen to Ozzy sing about them wearing boots and such. (I really do not understand that song.) Pixies are good, faeries are bad. I really like the scene in Mr. Deeds Goes to Town when the old ladies from Mandrake Falls describe Gary Cooper as pixelated. I have started using that term more often.

--gh

2 comments:

m said...

pixIlated, WordWeb tells me.

Nautily playful..

girl said...

So I'm commenting on your growing cafe press items. That mug sure is expensive...must be for the rights to use the face. I also noticed an added t-shirt. Would you give me deal on the entire collection?

Oh, I like the t-shirt models they put on there, and the "mug models."