Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Mr. Clean is getting married...

This morning I was reading about the proposed Procter & Gamble merger, and it made me think about Mr. Clean making use of his new Gillette shaving gear (and batteries, of course). I think I had a whole joke lined up about it, but I couldn't remember it. I think it had something to do with his image always showing his arms crossed. (He never does the work.) So, I thought I'd do a quick e-painting to collect this image...


I think I had more to say, but I nearly completed it and then ArtRage crashed and I realized I saved nothing. For some reason, I sat down this evening and spent an hour re-painting it.

If you are curious about how "Sanitation Monster" is coming along, you should know that I am working on the masonry right now.


There are hundreds of bricks in this image. The bricks on the right have already been smoothed for the back ground, and I am working on the ones on the left. I know if looks weird to spend 4 hours drawing bricks, and then smooth them out and blur them. Remember, though, this is the background, and I need to do this... besides, it will make the windows pop out more. You can see some of my technique here to the left of the window. I draw the mortar first, then the bricks (and then I smooth them over with a glazing palette knife, electronically, of course).

I need help with the title. How would you title a picture of the Cookie Monster doing sanitation work?

--gh

3 comments:

m said...

How about,

"'T' is for Tuesday, 'T' is for Trash Day"

m said...

Mr. Clean = Alot purdy.

Please know that I appreciate the extra effort to re-draw it all. Man, I get upset and depressed if edit one polygon, and then something breaks before I get a chance to save it. I would be suicidal if I'd lost something I'd spent that much time on.

I also appreciate the brick detail. Although, it does seem a little obsessive....I'm assuming this might displace Elmo as your opus?

-m

BlackLineFish said...

Yeah, his song was "C is for cookie, cookie starts with C."

So, "G" is for Garbage! That will be my next working title.

I fixed the eyebrows, they were painted way too fast.

--gh