Monday, December 06, 2004

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

I haven't looked at my credit report in a year or so. From what this little item suggests, I have excellent credit. I also understand why I get so many offers each week trying to get me to have more credit.



I wonder how many credit card offers you get if your score is in the low 400s. Sadly, I bet those people still get them, but for ridiculous terms that border on usury.

Oddly enough, my credit score will probably start going down over the next four years as I pay off the last debts and mortgage. I've heard that people with no mortgage, no car payment, and no credit balance get mad when they see they have a "lower" credit score like 560 or something. (That's a funny thing to get mad at, and shows how financially illiterate people are, even if they have their "act" together.)

When I get there, I'll share it with you. (Er, I'll share my score, not my credit.)

--gh

No comments: