Thursday, September 30, 2004

Da Neighborhood

So it's 11:30pm, and what does PBSKids think is an appropriate show for this hour? Well, I am watching Mister Rogers' Neighborhood!



(I need to send an email to the program coordinator of this channel and tell them that they should have old-school pbs shows at night, like Electric Company, or ancient Sesame Street episodes -- Jon-Jon and Grover come to mind).

Tonight, Chef Brokett came by Mr. Roger's house and was moping around because he did not win a cake baking contest. This guy is always so melancholy. He has this limp and a scowl-y face, but also seems so sad.



I did not start watching Mr. Rogers until I was in the 7th grade. I would watch it when I got home from school each day, and became addicted. When I get to heaven, I want to spend some time with Fred Rogers.

--gh

2 comments:

m said...

I think it's safe to say that there will be a long line of folk waiting to talk to Mr. Rogers.

I'd like to talk to Mr. Hooper (from Sesame Street - remember the "Mr. Hooper Died" episode?), Edward Abbey, Mark Twain, Esquivel, Everett Ruess ("Man! Where did you GO?!?"), my old boss from the NRCS, my Boy Scout Leader, and maybe James K. Polk.

-m

BlackLineFish said...

I heard a funny thing on Comedy Central when I had my laptop in my recliner and spent the entire Walkout Day doing almost nothing. A comedian was talking about the scouts, and when people ask him if he was a boy scout, he says “No, actually I was in the Boy Scout Reserves.” Struck me funny so I will have to use that line in the future. (I was a cub who never made it to Webelow.)
--gh