Thursday, August 05, 2004

I are sucked.

So that you don't think I am writing a mystery or something, I will give you the most first. As you can see below, perhaps it is not fair to say that I hated high school and leave it at that. Upon reflection, it is obvious that high school reciprocated these feelings and hated me right back!
Yeah, you click here and stuff...


I graduated with exactly 500 other students, and as you can see I am part of the lower 50th percentile. That's right, I am clearly below average as you can plainly see (262 out of 501!).

Was I an under-acheiver? You bet, but that is not the complete story. I was dealing with a handful of problems (social problems, mostly, lol) and this wonderful GPA of 2.55 just about sums up who I was when I entered college. I can now speak with authority (professional experience!) that almost 1/2 of all high school students are under-achievers. So sure, I could have tried harder, and so could everyone else. And I would still be right about the middle.

Of course, there is nothing wrong with being average. I won't even debate that I am of average ability since my SAT and GRE scores are also in middle. So how did I get to where I am now? Easy, remember when you were told that the humans only use 10% of their brain's ability? Well, I figured out how to use 13%! That has made up the difference and propelled my career and personal goals.

By the way, I had never heard of the word GPA in high school. I think I heard that this was going to be an issue in college, but I was surprised to find out that my report cards have been keeping track of this for four years.

--gh

No comments: