Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Let it be known that I will not share a table with John C. Calhoun

I try not to use the word "hate" often, but if I were to hate any historical figure, it would have to be John C. Calhoun. A "Canadien" made fun of me when I brought up the Civil War. His comment was that after studying in Alabama, he learned that the "War of Northern Aggression" is a stable dinner table conversation in the South...

I told another friend that John C. Calhoun loved slavery so much you can "see it dripping off of his face."
My name is John. C. Calhoun and *I* love slavery


I know that he died in 1850 or something, but I still place most of the blame for that war on him, and President Buchanan. (Yeah, I don't care for him either.)

--gh
(P.S. sorry about being so political)

No comments: