Friday, October 17, 2003

Janus vs. a hole in the ground

Thanks to the 30-35% YTD returns of my Janus funds, I am for the first time experiencing a net gain in my investments. I am pleased that my total investing experience is outperforming the hiding of money in my mattress, or a hole in my wall.

Unfortunately, the personal bankruptcy applications have continued to sky-rocket. The yearly amount more than doubled during the 1990s, and it has not subsided. In fact, I heard that 1.6 million Americans have filed for bankruptcy in the last year. There is good news, business bankruptcy since 1999 has fallen over 6%.

On a related note, I am extremely pleased that my state's Attorney General, Jay Nixon, has filed suit against AmeriDebt for fraud. Jay Nixon has also organized the best No-Call telemarketing block list in the country. This guy is my hero.
--gh

No comments: