Saturday, October 04, 2003

Bridge to Baghdad II

I showed the "Bridge to Baghdad" film featured on World Link TV last spring and summer in my geography class. This is the update, called Bridge to Baghdad II. My recomendation is to take an hour of your life and watch this compelling and real look at the aftermath of war.

This series goes beyond pithy remarks or politics. These are real kids, real lives, and now, without Saddam, they are free to speak their minds. One of my favorite parts is when Walid says "I can finally say this, I hate Saddam, Saddam sucks!" (In the first series, he could only say "Backstreet Boys are sucked!") My other favorite part is when Aisha states that the ministries of agriculture, education, health, etc. are all bombed and not functioning, but not one bomb fell on the Ministry of Oil. "Do you have an answer for that?" she says.

I commend Chat the Planet for their innovative approach to addressing real issues facing this world. I get tired of over-edited news stories by talking heads and professional journalists.
--gh

No comments: