Saturday, April 08, 2006

Further proof that I are sucked

I saw a great one-time only blog entry idea on Livejournal. What you do is enter your birthday (no year) in Wikipedia and share three events, three other births, and three deaths that happened on your birthday. Not a bad idea for filling the web with more links to useless information.

Except nothing really happens on my birthday. I have to limit my event-birth-death to just one each:

Event: 1887 - Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show opens in London.
Birth: 1949 - Billy Joel, American musician
Death: 1903 - Paul Gauguin, French painter (b. 1848)

Not really much to comment on. Sorry. Under deaths, Schiller was the only other name I even recognized. I don't read poetry in German, so I thought it would be pretentious to even include that. I did notice that an Afghani singer, one year younger than me, died last year on my birthday. Wait, I just looked him up and the wiki entry says he died a day earlier. (Errors on Wiki? No way!)

--gh

No comments: