Saturday, May 28, 2005

Two-Day Bachelor

Okay, the family is in Kansas for most of the weekend, and I am home alone. I had to catch up on work and stuff since I was in Jefferson City for a day and a half this week. I actually made a list, with little check off boxes to monitor my progress. I should be able to get everything done before they return late in the afternoon tomorrow. In fact, I should be so caught up that I can celebrate Memorial Day and not work on anything.

Memorial Day in this town usually starts with the American Legion on the front lawn of the county court house. I can hear the 9-gun salute from my home, but sometimes I go and watch the elderly veterans. I said 9-gun, because I think it is three old guys, shooting three times together. But I am starting to question my memory, maybe it is just two guys... ...now I got to go and see for myself on Monday!

I ended today's tasks with painting the kitchen ceiling. I took a shower and am enjoying the Big Joe Polka Show with some coke+. Big Joe Siedlik is from Omaha, Nebraska and looks like he tapes his polka episodes in a thirty-year time warp. He has this weird shirt with see-through sleeves. You can see his arm-fat jiggle when he talks. He also has a glorious (dare I say "admirable") front-butt. All I can say is if you have never watched RFD television, then you are missing out.

Jim Beam and Coke always reminds me of my mie-mau. The funniest things remind me of her. A colleague of mine (in another department) wears the cutest mie-mau outfits. I could never tell her, of course. Some one had a leather purse and I dug through it to hide a note in it, and it smelled just like her cigarette case. Of course, certain mentholated items remind me of her cigarettes. In fact, I had to change my shaving cream recently because if felt like I was shaving in her ashtray...

...speaking of shaving, I should report that things have been going well in that area. I am still using the African-American razors, and have figured out that Palmolive brushless gives me the best shave. I want to get a fairly close shave, but not so close that any of the hairs are cut below my face. My indicator is to use Aqua Velva afterwards -- and if it burns, then I shaved too close. With Palmolive, and African-American razors, it usually does not burn.

I don't like being alone. Also, how do you spell the abbreviated form of "balcheloring it?" The Internet seems to indicate a lot of people writing in blogs about how they are "baching it." Of course, to me this means to write a few inventions and brag about being a cappelmeister. Others write bach'ing it, bach-ing it, and one poor fool wrote bacheing it. But the real retards are writing "batching it." I have a fairly high tolerance (given my profession) for mispelling. But misnomers, malapropisms, and such obvious gaffes really bug me. (Remember that I decided to stop calling a girl because she jokingly wrote a note misspelling the word "psych" as SIKE. eeeejsh, it hurt typing that.)

--gh

No comments: