Wednesday, January 05, 2005

New Year's Resolution

Blogs around this time of year focus on two things. The first is the posting of the author's new year's resolutions. And the other is predictions for this year. (None of last year's predictions came true, but I will try again soon.

But for now, I will post my resolutions:

  1. I resolve to not be so literal. One of my friends has charged me with this crime, and I will try to work on being more more figurative, inspired, unrelated, metaphorical, and all that other crap. (language) You will note that my previous post featured a muppet smoking a camel with camels in the background and oil fields smoking. But I cannot attach a more significant meaning to this. By the end of the year, I should be able to understand this painting I did...

  2. I resolve to use only one space between sentences. I am the victim of the old-school typewriter instruction that mandated two spaces. My right thumb immediately hits two spaces, rather than one, wasting effort, time, and wearing out my keyboard's space key. At the end of the year, if I keep this resolution, I will gain a minute or two. (However, my own self-editing has already wasted more than a minute, and it is only day five!) If you disagree, try to find two spaces outside of a PRE-tagged format, netscape, firefox, and MSIE turn two-into-one automatically...

  3. I resolve to do stuff and things.

  4. I resolve to make more art like this:



...and by stuff and things, I mean lose weight, be nicer, stop biting other people's nails, you know: the usual.

Stay tuned for this year's predictions!

--gh

No comments: