Sunday, March 21, 2004

Concerts and such

I took my daughter to see her first rock concert. Well, okay, you might not consider John Mayer as rock, but it was a decent event. As Marty Piletti would say, it was a "real nice affair." Yeah, that was is a good description for it.

Some of my problems may be with the Sovereign Center in Reading, PA. The seats were bleacher-like. When people were running up and down the aisles, the seats adjacent to them would bounce up and down. That got really old.

Then there was the fact that the security guards were yelling at people to sit down. This is the easiest way to tell whether your concert is rock or not. If everyone is sitting down, then you are enjoying James Taylor or a Pops orchestra, and not rocking. Just try to sit down at a Nugent or AC/DC concert...

The sound was only so-so, which may also be the fault of the Sovereign Center. But I think it is the band's job to supply the sound.

Musically, it was better than average. From the radio or CDs, I was not sure if the guitar work was his, or studio musicians or another band member. In concert, he does a majority of the guitar work. And he really is that good at acoustic guitar.

My daughter thought it was awesome, so that is all that matters to me.
--gh

No comments: