Thursday, January 15, 2004

Silly NASA, and may the DARK force be with you

Oh great, we're going back to the moon again. In about 20-30 years we will learn that Mars is lame. I am surprised that I have not heard anyone say that we need to explore our own oceans more than space. That is the quaint statement that NASA detractors always say, really without thinking. We are already junking up near space (4 million pounds?!!!). I am sure that we will leave junk all over the moon before we ever get to Mars. (Have you ever seen a clean work site, and there is no landfill on the Moon yet...) So I say, "Stay out of the oceans!"

Last year we had to deal with the cosmology community making stuff up about "dark energy." Dark Energy? Come on! Isn't this just a ploy to say that their math and data are not lining up, so now we have to create ether to satisfy their equations. People will argue with me because they don't want to believe that astrophysicists would collude to fabricate quintessence, or the fifth element, just to save face. I don't think they are doing it deliberately, and I am convinced that they are smarter than me. These guys really don't think they are lying, they just know that they are smart, so whatever they say or think MUST be true. Don't believe me? Remember when the science community got excited about the color of the universe last year? Yeah, they said the universe was green, or turquoise. ...now, they say it is beige.... BEIGE!!! B*E*I*G*E*!*!*! (http://www.npr.org/programs/atc/features/2002/jan/aas/020110.aas.html)

So, go back to the moon, go to Mars, tell me that the universe is only appropriately colored between Memorial Day and Labor Day, and let's go on a Dinosaur Expedition...

--gh




No comments: