Saturday, November 15, 2003

Wasting time on a Saturday again

Not sure if I can retrace how I ended up with a "Sexy Dancer" on my task bar... but here goes:

I keep thinking that I would like to get a cell phone. I also am ready to update my PDA. (Yeah, I know, machines control my life, read below...) I was also checking for my name in a search engine, because I am vain, or I enjoy seeing my name in obituaries... Getting back to a PDA and/or cell phone, I checked out http://froogle.com, then decided that that was too silly. Then I checked out the Google Answers because Google amuses me as a word, and it appears that they are taking over. (Don't they own this blog?) One of the questions led me to a L_O_N_G debate over who recorded the haunting version of "Song to a Siren" that was used in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie trailor. Somehow that lead me to a site with a small Tim Buckley RAM file of this song...

On that website was a link to the MP3Dancer. I downloaded a demo version, and now "Allison" is dancing on my toolbar to some Village Stompers! She will dance to anything, and right now seems to like the rhythm of my typing.

The Village Stompers, my favorite dixieland octet/slash/folk revival group of the 1960s....

Next I picked up my guitar and played the chords to "Sweet Child of Mine," of course I was whistling the tune because I could not remember the words (stop Laughing at me!). I busted out laughing when she changed to a slow dance to match the rhythm. I must admit that she was confused by the biography of Tesla morse code mp3.

She rocked out to this tune, recorded during my sophomore year in college. (Name that tune.)


--gh
(Now I need to find those "MC Hawking" mp3s...)

No comments: